You can pack and send your excess baggage using any suitcase, back pack, rucksack or packing box you like. Now keep in mind your excess baggage has to travel to the other side of the world and correct packaging will aid us deliver your goods in the same condition that we received them. Be sure to have plenty of sturdy cardboard cartons, packing paper, sealing tape and a marker pen, as careful packing prevents breakage and loss of tiny and weak items. Avoid damage to your goods and make greatest use of your storage space by following these simple packing tips:
- Use fresh rigid corrugated cartons (if using a suitcase or backpack make sure the items inside are securely packed as per below).
- Check the gross weight limit on the bottom of these boxes and do not exceed this limit.
- If reusing a carton, make sure none of the sides or flaps is bent, torn or punctured.
- Pack with shipping foam, bubble wrap or other packing substance. This will guard your shipment against the shock that may occur when packages come in contact with every other or solid surface. Wrap every item separately and completely, and surround every item with bubble wrap.
- Guard sharp and pointed objects with added packing substance.
- Weak items, such as glass and ceramics, need additional packaging. Use bubble wrap and place the item in a separate box inside the packing box.
- Ship packages separately – do not bind several together.
- Cover every item separately.
- Secure heavy objects to prevent shifting.
- Don’t forget to create an itemized packing list per carton/suitcase.
- Close and seal cartons securely using appropriate packing tape.
- If you need further information or assistance, contact us and a member of the World Baggage team will be only too happy to help you out with more packing tips and suggestions.
Addressing Your Package Label
At the present that you have packed your excess baggage, it is a compulsory requirement that you attach an address label to each box, bag or suitcase that you are intending on sending as unaccompanied baggage. Follow the tips under or click here to check out our baggage label maker and follow the instructions.
- Give complete recipient addresses, including phone numbers.
- Place shipping labels on the apex surface of your box to increase your chances for preferred orientation.
- Backup information, include your address and the destination address inside shipment as well (business cards are ideal).